on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
This Software Engineer will be a part of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector at our Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems' sector, you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be a flexible self-starter working in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems. In this role, you’ll use modern software technologies to create innovative solutions that keep our armed services safe and battle-ready around the world
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make an impact and are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Are interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Are willing to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- Either have experience with or are interested in working at scale
- Have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field.
The Software Engineer will work closely with other developers to accomplish the following:
- Support team in completing necessary software on schedule.
- Developing software documentation.
- Complete work independently and as a part of a team.
- Interact with related disciplines to accomplish goals.
- Solve complex problems through innovative and creative solutions.
- Utilize software development tools to increase efficiency in code development while decreasing defects.
- Interact with customer/supplier organizations.
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18001645&lang=en
• Post ID: 28501872 huntsville