Licensed Veterinary Technicians for ER Practice – Huntsville, AL
Are you looking for a new and exciting work environment that appreciates the knowledge and experience you have to offer? Do you have a passion for emergency and critical care medicine, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If you answered yes to these questions, a career with Animal Emergency Clinic of Northern Alabama may be right for you! We are now hiring full and part time Licensed Veterinary Technicians for our growing practice in Huntsville, Alabama.
A Veterinary Technician with AEC is a member of our team who supports and assists our Emergency Doctors each shift to ensure the best possible care for our patients and clients. This means that you’ll be responsible for:
- Compassionately, calmly and gently handling patients in our care
- Speaking to clients in a friendly, helpful manner to answer questions, acquire histories, etc.
- Assisting in emergency procedures, surgeries and advanced imaging procedures
- Anesthetic induction, monitoring and maintenance for surgeries and imaging
- Utilizing practice management software to maintain client and patient records
- Providing safe restraint for patients during examinations and procedures
- Interpreting and following through on treatment sheet orders
- Venipuncture, IV catheter placement, etc.
- Performing and recognizing normal physical examination parameters on canine and feline patients
- Noticing and documenting changes in patient attitude, abnormal behavior and changes in condition
- Calculating medication and fluid doses for administration to hospitalized patients
- Carrying out or setting up procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance
- Assisting with other areas of service during downtime or as directed by supervisor
We are a well-established Emergency/Critical Care practice that provides overnight hospitalization for critical patients and access to emergency care when local primary care veterinarians are closed.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Interest or experience in emergency medicine
- LVTs are strongly preferred, but we will consider non-certified applicants as well pending experience level
- The ability to handle stressful or emergent situations in a calm and supportive manner
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A flexible schedule that allows the ability to work overnights, holidays and weekends – we are a true ER service and are not open during the day!
AEC offers competitive wages, and a benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Uniform Allowance
- Discounted services for your pets
- Flexible scheduling for full and part time employees
To learn more about AEC, visit our website at: www.aecnal.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly. Please do not call or stop by regarding this opportunity. Email your resume to email@example.com to be considered.
• Post ID: 19635308 huntsville