Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 1:24 AM
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset.In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries.Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
SUMMARY: The Quality Manager is responsible for improving the quality of products produced and shipped at a specific location. This position provides work direction for Quality Control Managers, team leaders and employees, and establishes, monitors and maintains the quality control system. The Manager identifies critical points in the manufacturing process and defines sampling procedure as well as determines types of tests to be performed as well as documentation and reporting requirements. This position interacts regularly with engineering, manufacturing and service functions to establish quality standard for raw material, work in process and finished products. The ideal candidate is an organized, analytical, problem:solver with the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks to ensure that daily operations are running effectively and efficiently.
- Validates quality system effectiveness through direct customer contacts.
- Uses statistical methods and other appropriate techniques to evaluate process capability, define improvement, and monitor process outputs.
- Monitors and reports on vendor changes or new vendor quality characteristics.
- Manages, measures and improves customer quality.
- Leads continuous improvement of quality systems to prevent defects, reduce process variation and eliminate waste.
- Implements procedures to prevent claims from reoccurring.
- Develops and implements process measurement and control systems for all production processes.
- Ensures adequate mistake:proofing and process controls implemented for defect free production.
- Manages vendor claims and maintain claims being current (: 30days) with vendor.
- Maintains and gives approval for customer claims on a weekly basis.
- Reviews all claims in weekly staff meeting.
- Works closely with outside sales in processing claims and writing corrective actions.
- Reviews problem status, customer claims, and internal and external problems for elimination of root causes.
- Solves issues pertaining to rejections picked up, customer demands, rework, and TM or CSR requests.
- Drives costs down through quality by determining the most efficient cost effective way to make the products.
- Educates employees to make sound processing and raw material selection decisions.
- Ensures compliance with governmental safety and environmental and internal/external regulations and standards for equipment, processes, and services.
- Oversees and maintains integrity of material certifications.
- Provides leadership for team:based problem solving efforts in response to customer complaints and internal scrap and rework issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of statistical process control method
- Strong organizational skills
- Teamwork skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Integrity and trust
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem solving/trouble shooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years manufacturing/quality experience
- Steel processing experience
Worthington Industries operates under a long:standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders,
• Location: decatur, Huntsville
• Post ID: 28933177 huntsville