Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is searching for two Manufacturing Engineer 2 to support a multiple program production environment. The successful candidate will be the Manufacturing Engineer responsible for all aspects for the Manufacturing Engineering process on both developmental and production oriented programs that includes aspects related to the assembly and integration, test, and deployment of hardware and manufactured products such as:
• Design and definition of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and production layouts for assemblies and equipment used within the operation.
• Design and definition of work flows within the facilities to ensure the most efficient and productive layout and process
• Define the order of operations for manufactured assemblies and subassemblies
• Develop detailed work instructions for manufactured assemblies, subassemblies, and packaging
• Guide Manufacturing/Production and plan for successful Preliminary Design Review/ Critical Design Review (PDR/CDR) on multiple programs
• Plan for and conduct Production Readiness Reviews
• Conduct Supplier Assessments
• Represent Production on the on the Change Control Board (CCB) and be able to provide cost and schedule impacts due to changes in Engineering drawings
• Define and Develop the Manufacturing Bill of Materials within our MRP system (SAP) to include structuring for manufacturability to meet the most efficient material and process workflow for the integration operations.
• Execution of Change Masters relative to changes to the Manufacturing Bill of Materials and production activities including effectivity date and the most appropriate time for change cut in
• Cycle Time, Time Phasing, and Processing Time development to convert to SAP routings within the Manufacturing Bill of Materials
• Tooling and tooling maintenance development
• Metric creation and monitoring
• Provide forecasting support for Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS)
This position requires direct interface with the Engineering , Manufacturing and Manufacturing Support teams including Production, Production Control, Supply Chain Management and Quality to develop, support, and manage detailed MRP based schedules and overall production objectives and execution regulations.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18002286&lang=en
• Post ID: 28925077 huntsville